Jumping on the blogging bandwagon

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Distracted...

I've been a terrible blogger, I know.
I'm almost a month into my new job, and time really flies!
It's SO different from my old job that sometimes I wonder what I did for the last 5 years. But then I take a look around at the other doctors who used to be clinicians here, and I realise it's ok to make the change. I am happier at work, I'm pretty sure of it. I'm not missing the day-to-day life in the hospital, and not being TOTALLY disconnected via TS works out very well too.
I'm also working on a SECRET (Yes, I'm a terrible secret keeper because a real one wouldn't even have advertised that last statement) which has been sucking blogging time from here, hopefully soon to be revealed...

To tide us over (and to cheat a little),
excerpt from an e-mail I sent out in the first week of work...
"First day of work update -
I have a desk, a laptop, stationery in the drawer, and NO PATIENTS! No nurses, no medication, no needles, no monitors, no surgeons, it's a totally different universe!
There are quite a number of my classmates with me so it's not all unfamiliar, and only one of them has done any type of admin before, so we're all in the same boat.
I didn't do any "work" today, but after the briefing with my boss, I'm not really sure I'll EVER be able to do anything constructive, I don't understand half of what he's talking about!
'Deliverables', 'financing', 'macro-organisation', 'quality and operations' and 'strategic planning' don't mean much to me, I'll have to take minutes for meetings (huh?), and I'm not even sure who the perm sec for health is...
But I don't miss the old job one bit, and I think I can do this new one. I am looking forward to going to work tomorrow! (Hmmm what will I wear?)..."

No comments: