Jumping on the blogging bandwagon

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Follow-up

I tried the cheesecake cups, and have decided that in future I'll add butter to the crust in the same way that the cake crust is made. The crumbs by themselves are too dry and don't have the same texture one expects from cheesecake base.

Have made a pate brisee (that's pie crust to you non-bakers, though i haven't figured out how to pronounce it yet) that's resting in the fridge, all ready to be rolled out and filled with apples tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

We just watched Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End. Be warned, it's a REALLY long movie, almost 3 hours! I loved the first episode, thought Johnny Depp was so different (though Kiera's pout does nothing for me and I don't understand the fuss about Orlando). I didn't watch the second one because the shots just didn't look that good, and thus had no idea where the story was going when this movie started. It's confusing, but you sort of figure it out enough to be able to predict the ending, no surprise there. The special effects are spectacular (if you're that kind of girl), Geoffrey Rush is consistent, Johnny is just plain loopy, Kiera pouts and Orlando tries to smoulder... As you can tell I wasn't too impressed. But it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen and the kids we took to watch it liked it, so objective achieved.

I'm going back to work on Monday after two weeks of "recovery", my nose is almost back to normal and just as I thought I was getting bored I'm now starting to feel that time is running out! Of course my room is still in a mess, and I didn't organise any studying, but at least I tried out some new recipes!

Here's to making the most of the next 4 days...

No comments: