Jumping on the blogging bandwagon

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Iggy's revisited

The department had a farewell lunch at Iggy's yesterday. Yep, VERY generous... Also very amusing given the freeflow of alcohol. Some pictures are better left off the internet...
Anyway on to food. Capellini with sakura shrimp, scampi oil and truffles. Or according to some of my dining companions, beehoon with haebee. I thought it was very yummy, though the little prawns DID remind me of the ones I used to have in my fish tank.
The burger revisited (picture taken by the talented NBT), since i had it the last time i opted for the fish option (see below). Wrong choice. Meat was yummy as before, though there were MANY complaints about the size of the main course, with a few people loudly discussing where they should go for chicken rice after. We may be banned from Iggy's in the future...
My smoked ocean trout (looks like salmon to me but then I wouldn't really get into an arguement about the differences between the species...). Not BAD, but not GOOD either. And NOT filling at all. TS's fish the last time ( think it was sea bass) was so yummy and had a really savoury vege mash below it that this little dish just disappointed.

Anyway, I'll still be back again, maybe when the menu changes, but in the meantime been dreaming about the foie gras-wagyu burger at the four seasons... maybe tuesday...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: